Toyota Prius Reviews
It’s important to read Toyota Prius reviews when deciding whether or not this is the hybrid you’ll drive through Trevose, Philadelphia, and Bensalem, PA. That’s why our team at Faulkner Toyota Trevose put together this collection of reviews you can read at your convenience.Read on to learn more about the Prius. Then, give us a call and we’ll schedule your test drive!
Toyota Prius Electric Specs
The Prius is an electrified Toyota hatchback known for being a trailblazer in the hybrid market. This vehicle sports an innovative 1.8L I-4 engine that pairs with an electric motor to generate the following specs:
- 121 total system net horsepower
- 105 lb-ft of engine torque
- 120 lb-ft of motor torque
The engine also lets you choose among EV, ECO, and POWER modes so you can decide whether to drive on fully electric power (EV), optimized hybrid power (ECO), or sporty engine power (POWER).
Toyota Prius Performance
Something that’s especially great about the Toyota Prius is that it’s a hybrid vehicle that offers an all-wheel drive (AWD) system. Available Electronic On-Demand Compact All-Wheel Drive (AWD-e) keeps you driving with confidence through snow and rain or along sunny roadways.
It works by actively adjusting torque distribution among all four wheels based on roadway conditions. It works at speeds up to 43 MPH. On the other hand, if you’re cruising at full speed down a dry highway, your Prius will operate in Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) to promote efficiency.
Toyota Prius MPG
The Prius is known for being one of the most efficient Toyota models on the market. Your EPA-estimated MPG ratings will vary based on trim level and drivetrain, but here’s a quick look at what you can expect:
- L Eco trim: 58 city/53 highway MPG*
- LE trim: 54 city/50 highway MPG*
- LE trim (with AWD-e): 51 city/47 highway MPG*
As you can see, equipping your Prius with available AWD-e will result in a very slight decrease in efficiency, but it will also provide a more controlled handling experience. It’s up to driver preference which one is better based on their needs.
Toyota Prius Interior Features and Dimensions
Inside the Toyota Prius, you’ve got a roomy cabin for you and all your friends to hang out as you cruise through town. There’s enough seating for five passengers, and the interior has the following dimensions:
- Passenger volume: 93.1 cubic feet
- Total cargo volume: 50.7 cubic feet
- Legroom (front/rear): 42.3/33.4 inches
Not only is it roomy, but it’s also got plenty of tech features you’re sure to love. These include a standard 7-inch touchscreen or an 11.6-inch touchscreen in the center stack. These are both compatible with Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto®, and Amazon Alexa technologies.
Toyota Prius Tech and Safety
Tech isn’t confined to the cabin, though. It actually surrounds the Toyota Prius in a shield of safety thanks to its many standard driver-assistive features. These include:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
- Automatic High Beams
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Road Sign Assist
A Blind Spot Monitor system is also available. This can help you change lanes or merge onto the highway more safely by alerting you to other vehicles in your side blind spots. Available Rear Cross-Traffic Alert does something similar to help you navigate parking lots by letting you know when vehicles are approaching from either side while you’re in Reverse.
Review the Toyota Prius Today!
Are you ready to do your own Toyota Prius review? Drivers near Philadelphia, Trevose, and Bensalem, PA, can contact the team at Faulkner Toyota Trevose to test drive this popular hybrid today!
* EPA-estimated 58 city/53 hwy/56 combined mpg for 2021 Prius L Eco; EPA-estimated 54 city/50 hwy/52 combined mpg for 2021 Prius LE, XLE, 2020 Edition and Limited; EPA-estimated 51 city/47 hwy/49 combined mpg for 2021 Prius LE AWD-e and XLE AWD-e. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary for many reasons, including your vehicle’s condition and how/where you drive. See www.fueleconomy.gov.