Toyota Highlander Safety Review
The 2019 Toyota Highlander is known for being a very safe midsize SUV. In fact, it received a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).1
We’ll tell you the reasons for this recognition in our detailed Toyota Highlander safety review. Keep reading to learn how this car can help keep you safe in Trevose, Philadelphia, and Bensalem, and contact Faulkner Toyota Trevose if you have any questions.
2019 Highlander Active Safety Features
The Highlander comes standard with a Star Safety System™. This suite includes active safety features like:
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control
- Traction Control
- Anti-lock Brake System
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution
These features can help you maintain control so that an accident doesn’t occur. Another useful amenity is Smart Stop Technology®, which is activated during unintentional acceleration. When the accelerator and brake pedal are applied simultaneously, the engine power is reduced to help bring the vehicle safely to a stop.
Toyota Highlander Driver-Assisting Technologies
There are even more features inside the 2019 Highlander that can help prevent a collision from happening. These come in the form of Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P), a standard suite of driver-assisting technologies.
Some of the systems that are found within TSS-P are:
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist: If you start to unintentionally drift from your lane, the system will send visual and audible alerts so that you take action. However, it can also make corrective steering inputs to guide you back to the center of your original lane.
- Automatic High Beams: It’ll automatically turn the high beams on so that you can see better at night. If headlights of oncoming vehicles or taillights of preceding ones are detected, the system will then automatically switch to low beams.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: If the system detects a potential crash with a car or person, it’ll warn you to act. If you don’t in time, it can automatically apply the brakes to help prevent a collision or reduce its severity.
Passive Safety Features in the Highlander
In the event that an accident occurred, you can rest assured that the Toyota Highlander will help keep everyone safe.
That’s because it comes with many passive safety features like an Advanced Airbag System. This system comes with eight airbags, including:
- Driver and front-passenger dual-stage airbags
- Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side airbags
- Driver knee airbag
- Roll-sensing Side Curtain Airbags
The vehicle also comes with LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) to help protect your little ones. It was developed to make it easier to install child safety seats correctly, so that they stay nice and secure in the vehicle.
Test Drive a 2019 Toyota Highlander
As you can see, the 2019 Toyota Highlander offers lots of active and passive safety features, plus driver-assisting technologies, for your peace of mind.
If you’re interested in seeing how these features would help keep you safe on the roads of Trevose, Philadelphia, or Bensalem, don’t wait. Schedule a test drive at Faulkner Toyota Trevose today!
1 Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov/).